improve the URL monitoring plugin
I find that the URL monitoring plugin gives a lot of false positives, which is stressing me out. I've disabled it for now. I'm not sure why it's doing this and happy to help you debug it.
Jesse Pasichnyk commented
Are you setting the hostname header, or just checking localhost with no header? I found that with my setup (nginx->fastcgi) that any health checks without a host header were timing out occassionally (from HAProxy), similar to the false positives i see from Scout url monitoring plugin.
Setting a valid hostname header from HAProxy fixed its issues. Trying this now from Scout to see if its the same root cause.
That said, the text description for "host override" originally confused me so I didn't use it. I now understand this as "Pass in this value as the host header to the requested url defined above".
This is still happening for us. I get a ton of false positives.
AdminScout (Admin, Scout) commented
Ivan, we're taking a look at this, thanks for letting us know.
this was me, if you want to contact me